||Note: View this video for demonstation on Global Waming and How it effect our Earth.
Green House Effect
The green house effect is no doubt very important for making the life on earth possible as it keeps the temperature up for the living beings. Without the green house effect, this planet would be a freezing place absolutely inappropriate to support any living creature. There would be no vegetation or wild life. This effect is also responsible for keeping the temperature of earth during night stable. There is no sun to warm us in night but the green house gases serve the purpose by trapping the warmth in day times.
An excess in the quantity of green house effect can be damaging for the mother earth. Too many gases will trap excessive heat and the climate will increase respectively. Sensitive crops will be damaged and in turn there will be less food to support life. With less vegetation, the animal kingdom will be disturbed and so does the humankind.
Now let us come to the causes of green house effect.
- The growing need of energy is one of the most significant causes to increase the temperature of the earth. Fossil fuels (petroleum, oil, natural gas, etc.) are burned to meet the energy needs which emit hazardous gases like carbon dioxide. These fuels are made up of dead leaves and wood and have high carbon dioxide component. United States avail 38 per cent of its electricity requirement from the petroleum. There are alternate environment friendly resources which wait for proper implementation.
- Another factor contributing in the green house effect is the excessive use of electricity. All of our action involving electricity like switching on lights, turning on television, washing, using microwave oven, switching on hair dryer, driving car, using air conditioner, playing video games, etc. are responsible for increasing the green house gases in the atmosphere.
- Improper methods to deal with the wastage also affect the earth climate. Heaps of garbage are burned on daily bases which add excessive carbon dioxide and other harmful gases into the atmosphere and thus increase the chances of more heat trapping.
- Cutting trees unnecessarily also affects the system. Trees are the best consumer of carbon dioxide and with less number of trees the rate of consumption will automatically decrease. With the growing population of human beings, the amount of carbon dioxide which they breathe out increase. With no trees to absorb the increasing carbon dioxide, it will be one day impossible for the living beings to take breathe on this earth.
- The level of oceans is raised by the global warming. The high level of water swallow low land areas and islands which cause trouble to the human, animal and plant habitants of that area. Water covers the plants and they die as a result animals are deprived of their food. Animals die of starvation. Death of animals and plants makes the life of men miserable and the chain of life is disturbed.
- Moreover, global warming increases the temperature of the ocean which is extremely dangerous for the species living in ocean. Algae are the worst victim of this process. Algae produce food for the sea creatures by the virtue of photosynthesis. It also serves as a meal to a variety of consumers like small fish, crabs and even whales. The death of algae starves other animals and in turn the sea kingdom starts to extinct.
- Global warming is also responsible for destroying jungles. It set forests on fire due to increased temperature that dries the leaves of the trees and they easily catch fire. The green house gases also pollute the atmosphere and the rain gets infected. After coming in contact, this acidic rain damages the trees, grass, etc.
Important : If you like the article kindly consider sharing with your friends using links below