Principle of Wind Sensors:
Basically the phenomenon of the wind sensor technology is totally based on the technique used in the past for detection called as hot wire. Wind sensor is the new technology but its roots are in the old era. This technology is completely based on the old principle or the strategy of hot wire. In this technique first of all we heat up the element to the certain temperature then allow it to maintain its position due to temperature and the wind. Due to the travel of the wind from low to high medium in the wind sensors it is based ion such old principle.
Basic Features of Wind Sensors:
Some important features of the wind sensors that really encourage the people of the present era to use the wind sensing technology for the measurement are as follows
- More accurate measurement then the other devices.
- Wind sensors are also able to measure or calculate the zero wind power by using its application; trimpot.
- Easy installation and light weighted.
- avoid environmental hazards such as corrosion
- Logarithmic technology of wind sensor provides the opportunity to detect and calculate the minor air.
Types of Wind Sensors:
On the basis of the measurements and the calculations wind sensors are categorized in different types of, but the two main and the important types of wind sensors are as follows
- Ultra Sonic Wind Sensors.
- Mechanical Wind Sensors.
Ultra Sonic Wind Sensors:
The important types of the wind sensor that is required to determine the speed and the direction of the wind with more accuracy by using the ultrasonic technology is called as the ultrasonic wind sensors. It is made up of the high stainless steel case exterior that helps to avoid corrosion due to atmospheric conditions. These types of wind sensors are able to measure the speed ranges from 0 to 60 m/sec and direction up to 359o. Due to their light weight they are convenient to install on mounting.
Mechanical Wind Sensors:
Another important type of the wind sensor is the mechanical wind sensor. It does the same job of detecting the speed and the direction of the wind as the ultrasonic sensors do. In these types of sensors mechanics is involved to do the process so. They are comparatively weak and less accurate then the ultrasonic wind sensors and their exterior is not made up of such hard material that it can prevent the corrosion and different types of decaying processes of the environment. Its time and the speed pf measurement are slow as compared to the other types of wind sensor.
Benefits of Wind Sensors:
Some important benefits of wind sensors for the humans are given below
- Wind sensing technology helps to detect more easily and exactly.
- Able to turn off automatically to save t electrical energy.
- Not harmful for the human beings
- Free form corrosion and other hazards of environment
- Wind sensors are able to calculate up to 0 to 60 m/ sec.
Advantages of Connecting Wind Power to Grid | What are Offshore winds | Small wind turbine | Wind sensors | What is Ultrasonic wind sensor | Wind direction | Wind direction sensors | What are wind farms | Wind Industry | How to measure wind | Wind Meter | Wind profiler