Why Ultrasonic Wind Sensors are used?
Ultrasonic technology of wind sensor is very famous from the old times since 1970. Ultrasonic wind sensors are used to calculate the speed of the wind because ultrasonic technology has a capability to calculate the speed and the direction more accurately as compared to other wind sensors. The major advantage of using the ultrasonic technology in the wind sensor is that they have no moving parts in the air that interrupts the value or calculations. Some important reasons to use the ultrasonic wind sensors are; they need low maintenance, they are designed more accurately by keeping their working in mind , they are light weighted and we do not need high mounting fro the calculations and they are made up of stainless steel that resist corrosion. So that is why they are commonly used for such purpose.
Characteristic Features of Ultrasonic Wind Sensors:
There are lots of characteristics that made the ultrasonic wind sensors valuable and famous among the people. Some important characteristics of ultrasonic wind sensors are as follows
- Ultrasonic wind sensors have power to measure the speed more accurately with no efforts.
- Its design is quite compact for the operation because it has no obstacles such as moving parts.
- The expense need to place the ultrasonic wind sensors for the calculation is comparatively less then the other sensors.
- Its body is made up of strong steel that help him to avoid corrosion and that is why it needs low maintenance
- Its power to calculate the wind force is very high and ranges between the 0 to 60 m/sec. and it is a very high speed to calculate
- They are able to measure the direction of the wind also and ranges from 0 to 359o.
- Its exterior is made up of poly carbonate that really helpful fro it to avoid decaying from the atmosphere.
- They are light weighted also.
How Ultrasonic Wind Sensor Works?
An ultra sonic wind sensor works in the specific ways and completely depends upon their placement. Wind sensors should be place on the high mounting area where we want to calculat4ec the speed or the direction of the wind blown. Its design really plays an important role in the working because when the air strikes the sensor with the help of thermometers or the hygrometers it sends the signals to the monitoring device through cable system or the wireless. Then the calculations are recorded on the screen. Its technicalities such as its light weight, its accuracy made the working more reliable as compared to the mechanical sensors. It can measures in the parts comprises on each 60 degrees and also able to calculate the speed of the wind vertically as well as horizontally.
Benefits of Ultrasonic Wind Sensors:
Important benefits are as follows
- More accuracy and no efforts
- Not harmful for the humans
- They are expensive but reliable for the future
Advantages of Connecting Wind Power to Grid | What are Offshore winds | Small wind turbine | Wind sensors | What is Ultrasonic wind sensor | Wind direction | Wind direction sensors | What are wind farms | Wind Industry | How to measure wind | Wind Meter | Wind profiler