There are several conventional resources which can be exploited to meet the energy requirement but the dilemma of these sources is not only their limitation but also their side effects. Coal, petroleum, compressed natural gas (CNG), etc. have simultaneously remained the benefactors and the damagers of mankind, but now they are exhausting in their respective capacity. Need of the hour is to surge their alternatives - the sources that can prove themselves not only long-lasting but also environment friendly
The best one can find today is (natural) renewable resources that are compatible to fulfill the increasing need of humankind without causing any harm to the natural order of the universe. The task of energy consumption can be achieved by the virtue of solar panels, wind turbines, river dams, geothermal power points, etc. These sources will not replace the ever decreasing conventional modes of energy but will also help in diluting the global warming – the increasing temperatures on earth that will one day swallow the living beings. The evolution of science and technology has exempted any queries in the placement and utilization of natural sources to create energy – now nothing is impossible. The significance of environment friendly sources multiply when they are dealt with in following context:
- A day will soon dawn when earth will be deprived of fossil fuels. Before that day, every one of us is looking forward to some reliable energy reservoir that can satisfy the ever increasing demand of energy. What can be better than those elements that are widely distributed on this planet and can function without contaminating the environment?
- They cause no pollution as their emission level is zero. Besides they are self-sufficient and un-exhaustible. They are need of the hour to maintain the eco-logical balance that has been disturbed by continuous interruption of human beings (via multiple means) in all these years.
- The use of environment friendly resources of energy will control the casual respiratory disease as well as fatal diseases like cancer.
- The toughest task that humans are facing today is of global warming. There is no way to control the carbon dioxide that is already spoiling the atmosphere of our planet but to change the means of acquiring energy. To implement solar, geothermal and hydro resources will help in not completely restoring but, at least, controlling the increasing temperature of mother earth.
- Theses modes of energy need one time investment. Later on they only need capital for maintenance. Almost all of them are self-governing.
Nature has remained the finest benefactor of humankind. Sun is providing warmth to the habitants of earth from centuries and its intensity is all the same. It is an origin of not only heat but also light. Photovoltaic cells can be used to collect the rays of sun and then to transform them into electricity. The method is although expensive but it is a one time investment that can support life for decades. Hydro-electrical energy can be obtained from big river dams. The dams are built on those rivers that have huge reserve of water. The quantity of energy directly depends on the quantity of water present in the dam. Wave and tidal power is also utilized to harness water in order to get electricity. Wind energy is based on the same principle of hydroelectricity – it transforms kinetic energy in to electricity. The wind energy is cheap alternate to the solar energy.
One of piercing facts is that despite of all ‘Go Green’ campaigns 90 per cent of energy in United States is produced from fossil fuels. These fossils are responsible for increasing the temperature of the planet by excessive emission of Carbon Dioxide. Efforts are made to fulfill at least 20 per cent of country’s energy requirement by renewable energy by 2020.
What will and how these tasks will achieve, we do not know. All we know is the fact that human beings are themselves killing means of their lives and it is now that they should take stand. Starting from today, we can focus on renewable energy sources to achieve our requirement. And the best way to tackle this energy issue is to control our consumption. However, official efforts are needed on massive levels to create an awareness of the dying energy resources and emerging energy reservoirs.
Important : If you like the article kindly consider sharing with your friends using links below